Genealogical Society of Marion County
 Filter List by County / Region:

Select Cemetery:
Search for Surname:  Perform Search -- Input all or part of Surname, if left blank - all records will be returned.
Return to Cemeteries

 

Piner Cemetery
(Marion Co, Franklin Twp)
6400 E. Southport Road
Indianapolis, IN
This cemetery, also known as Combs Cemetery, was part of a Baptist church that was established here in 1833.  The church disbanded and the building was torn down sometime around 1924.  The earliest burial was 1845 & the latest in 1939. 
SHAARD #CR-49-31.
 
A burial list was published in the Franklin Township Historical Society publication "Called Home". A copy is available at the GSMC library.
 
This original cemetery page containes approximately 90 names and was compiled by Arthur Hendricks in 1990.  It was originally obtained from the Indiana State Library.