Please help spread the word to all those you know who have an interest in family history. GSMC can help even if you don’t have lots of ancestors from this area. Our library, publications and programs will expand your horizons regarding how to get the most out of your research efforts. And, of course, we have many members willing to lend a helping hand when a vexing problem arises. Often you can learn an easier way to accomplish your goal with a bit of advice from someone who has met and overcome the problem that is holding you back. We invite you to help us spread the word to all those you know who have an interest in family history.
Whether you have ancestors from this area or are simply seeking education and help, we are here for you.
Our library, publications, and programs will expand your horizons and help you get the most out of your research efforts. We have many members willing to lend a helping hand when a vexing problem arises. Often you can learn an easier way to accomplish your goal with a bit of advice from someone who has met and overcome the problem that is holding you back.
- Indy Lineages bi-monthly newsletter
- Journal online, formerly published in print format as Family Quest quarterly journal, with extended articles and research
- Monthly meetings, including our Annual Conference, featuring quality speakers on quality topics
- Notification of local, state, and national genealogical events
- Members’ discount to the Society's Annual Conference
- Free publication of queries and questions in our newsletter
- Courtesy advertising for member-published works
- Camaraderie with many area residents and visitors who share your passion for genealogy
- Consultation about your “brick walls” with our experienced members
- Access to Members-only features on our Society's Web site
- Access to our surname registry
- Members-only email notification of special genealogical interest items
- Opportunity to participate on special projects
Annual Membership dues (Jan 1-Dec. 31) :
|| $ 25
|Individual Sustaining (includes $25 tax-deductible donation)
|Family (one set of publications)
|| $ 30
|Family Sustaining (includes $30 tax-deductible donation)
|Lifetime (eligible from age 60)
|Lifetime Sustaining (eligible from age 60 and includes tax-deductible donation of $300)
To Join or Renew NOW Online via PayPal- Safe, Secure and Simple:
Step 1 -
If you are a NEW member
or you have contact info to change, click here
to fill out the membership application online
Step 2 - then choose your membership level from the following dropdown menu
and pay online securely via PayPal.
We will contact you shortly with your membership login via the email address used at PayPal checkout.
To give a Gift Membership - Online via PayPal:
Use the PayPal button above, but before completing the transaction, watch for
the option "Add special instructions to the seller", then provide us with the recipient's
- email address
- postal address
- phone (optional)
To Join by mail: Click here to print the membership application, fill out the form and mail with your check (payable to "GSMC") to the address below:
Genealogical Society of Marion County
9370 E. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46229