Concordia Cemetery was founded in 1879 when trustees from St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church purchased ten acres. It has more then doubled in size. It is still an active cemetery. The cemetery was known for many years as the Lutheran Cemetery or German Lutheran Cemetery.
The GSMC acquired from the Concordia management a CD-ROM of all the burials in the cemetery as of late 2002.